Unlike traditional publishers, Open Access publishers – like Applis Publishers – do not generate revenue from selling subscriptions. All articles published in our journals are open access and freely available online, immediately upon publication. This is made possible by an article-processing charge (APC) that covers the range of publishing services we provide. The APC, payable when your manuscript is editorially accepted and before publication.
Applis Publishers is committed to making the costs of publishing as clear as possible.
Article Processing Fee:
Research article, Review Article, Systematic review/meta-analysis and Technical advance article – $320
Case report, Case Series and Study protocol, Editorial – $275
What does Article Processing Fee Covers?
When a manuscript is submitted, it is processed through the many different departments at Applis Publishers:
1. The Editorial Screening team, who perform initial technical and ethical checks.
2. The Editorial team, who are responsible for coordinating the review process with the journal’s academic Editorial Board – see ‘peer review at Applis’ for more information.
3. The Production team, who convert the manuscript to a professionally typeset article and a well-structured PDF.
4. The Proofing team, who coordinate the proofing process of the manuscript.
5. The Editorial Quality Assurance team, who perform a final check to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal’s guidelines and policies.
6. The Indexing teams that liaise with all major index services – see ‘discovery matters: abstracting and indexing at Applis publishers.
7. The Support teams, who answer any questions throughout the publishing process.
Hence, authors of articles are requested to pay a fair handling fee for processing their articles, in order to meet maintenance of the journal.
Who is responsible for making or arranging the payment?
As the corresponding author of the manuscript you are responsible for making or arranging the payment (for instance, via your institution) upon editorial acceptance of the manuscript.
At which stage is the amount I will need to pay fixed?
The APC payable for an article is agreed as part of the manuscript submission process. The agreed charge will not change, regardless of any change to the journal’s APC.
When and how do I pay?
Upon editorial acceptance of an article, the corresponding author (you) will be notified that payment is due. We advise prompt payment as we are unable to publish accepted articles until payment has been received.
Payment can be made by any of the following methods:
1. Credit card – payment can be made online using a secure payment form as soon as the manuscript has been editorially accepted. We will we send a receipt by email once payment has been processed.
2. Invoice – payment is due within 15 days of the manuscript receiving editorial acceptance. Receipts are available on request. Please note that payment other than by credit card carries an administrative surcharge of $30.
Is there a print version of Applis journals?
No, Article processing charges (APCs) do not include the charges for the reprints. Reprints facility is optional and should be order separately.