THE ROLE OF EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
The primary responsibilities of the Editor in Chief are to inform and educate readers, with attention to the accuracy and importance of journal articles, and protect and strengthen the integrity and quality of the journal and its processes.
The Editor in Chief shall:
1.Provide leadership, guidance and strategic direction to activities of the Journal.
2. Guiding the overall strategic direction of the journal, in consultation with the Publisher.
3. Implementing and applying the editorial policies of the Journal.
4. Engaging members of the Editorial Board, including the Associate Editors to solicit and acquire suitable contributions to the Journal and undertake timely review of manuscripts.
5. Maintaining a high level of quality in the manuscript review and Journal editing process.
6. Ensuring appropriate and timely communication is provided to authors.
Journal development and submissions
Responsibility for ensuring that content of the journal is accurate, credible, authoritative, relevant to the Journal’s scope and mission, readable, and comprehensible.
• In consultation with the Publisher identify and implement strategies to:
Ensure the continued development of the Journal with a focus on the readership.
Increase citations and the impact factor of the Journal.
Increase the number of quality manuscripts being submitted to the journal.
Establish policies for authorship and submission as outlined in the instructions for authors.
• Represent and actively promote the Journal amongst colleagues and at conferences in order to generate submissions to the Journal.
• Encourage the Editors to actively solicit suitable manuscripts for the Journal to ensure adequate copy is available for each issue.
• Monitor the quality and timeliness of the peer review process and adherence to review guidelines
• Undertake the review of manuscripts in situations when required
• Initiate and ensure appropriate action is undertaken in the instances of plagiarism of manuscripts
• Final determination of acceptability of manuscripts for publication.
• Provide detailed comments of the reviewers and associate editors to authors about their research and paper following the review process and advise whether their contribution has been accepted.
• Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of the authors work during the peer review process.
• Support the Publisher in handling complaints and appeals.
Production and content
• Liaise with the Publisher, Editors and members of the Editorial Board and monitor the status of the production of the Journal and plans for forthcoming issues.
• Determine the ongoing editorial content of the journal including the subject matter, types of articles and the order and accuracy of published material.
• Ensure all contributions accepted for publication conform to the Author Guidelines and are accompanied by a signed copyright agreement.
• Check page proofs of papers that have been prepared by the Publisher and notify the Publisher of any necessary amendments.
• Ensure the development and selection of content for the Journal is in line with those standards set by the College:
• Ensure there is no defamatory material in the editorial or supplementary pages of the Journal;
• Ensure the content of the papers meets the appropriate ethical guidelines.
• Appoint members of the Journal’s Editorial Board based on academic output and contribution to the journal as reviewers; manage ongoing performance of this team.
• Adhere to ongoing Journal reporting obligations as determined by the Publisher Guidelines.
- About Us
- For Authors
- Contact Us